Optimize your operational and IT investments
How do you reduce your cost of ownership while strengthening governance and achieving greater IT flexibility? By getting more value from your existing IT and operational investments.
A damaged financial system and turbulent economy have left institutions under extreme pressure to cut operational and IT expenditures at the same time they are under increasing regulatory scrutiny and are exposed to mergers and divestitures. DKRIN is helping financial services institutions like you reduce total cost of ownership, meet rigorous regulatory and risk management standards, and create the flexibility they need to quickly integrate processes, applications, and data with newly acquired entities.
Some of our financial services clients have realized more value from their IT and operational investments by working with DKRIN to:
• Integrate multiple mortgage systems post-M&A. DKRIN helped a large European bank implement an SOA platform. The bank now enjoys greater business agility, has reduced system redundancies, has automated and improved governance and compliance, and has enhanced its ability to cross sell.
• Centralize all reconciliation functions. A top retirement services firm improved productivity by 25% and frequency by 100% while lowering financial and operational risks.
• More easily pinpoint problem areas and focus on improvements. A global bank now has a single point of access to trusted, timely, and accurate risk data across geographies.
Tailored solutions, optimized results
DKRIN has worked inside financial services and insurance firms for more than 40 years. We understand the nuances and subtleties about your business, processes and systems that can only come from working hands on with people, processes, and systems like yours. With this insight, we've designed solutions that meet the financial services industry's most pressing needs:
• Application Portfolio Assessment
A business-based, metric-driven approach to application rationalization that identifies and delivers real savings and performance improvement opportunities. DKRIN's approach classifies applications in four areas: retain, invest in, replace, retire, or offshore. We then take swift action on outsourcing and infrastructure consolidation opportunities so you can quickly free up vital capital while planning longer-term improvements. Typical cost savings are 10-15% from retiring redundant applications; 20-40% from server consolidation; and 30-50% savings in operation support.
• Post M&A IT Integration
A post-M&A integration methodology that minimizes negative customer impact while ensuring business continuity, system scalability, and alignment with long-term business and technology goals.
• Financial Transaction Processing
A BPO solution that reduces operating costs, improves process efficiencies, expands capacity, and mitigates risk. Functional areas include securities processing operations; annuity contract processing; reconciliation of cash, accounts, and fund positions; financial analysis; and client reporting.
• Enterprise Cost Optimization
DKRIN's Enterprise Cost Optimization helps financial services institutions lower IT cost of ownership, reduce operational risk, and enhance management capacity offshore. The offering starts with a rapid assessment of your application portfolio and business processes, and executes on practical and actionable recommendations for optimizing your IT investments through application portfolio rationalization, application and business process outsourcing, and legacy modernization.